Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Graduate





After two years, Erica has graduated! Sometimes it seems like it's been much shorter, other times it feels much longer. Either way, it's a remarkable accomplishment, and one that we celebrated in grand style. Erica's parents, grandparents, my mother, my sister and brother-in-law, Erica's friend Dianna, and her little one, Aidan, all came to commemorate the event. Ardent followers of Irresponsibly Responsible know that we live in a very small apartment, so playing host to 9 people proved to be a bit challenging, but we made it work wonderfully. It was a good thing that Erica and I are both trained in supply chain management and work flow, or else we would have been in trouble! Luckily, we were able to house them in adjacent rooms to our apartment, and we made good use of common areas in the residence hall for dining and lounging. It was a very memorable weekend -- certainly one that we'll never forget.

I'm very proud of my wife for graduating from a very challenging program. I also learned a lot about myself during the last two years, specifically how to be supportive during stressful times. I think I did pretty good at it, although Erica may tell a different tale. (Kidding, of course.)

Erica had to fly out to an on-campus interview on the following Monday. To say that she is exhausted would be an understatement. To say that I'm extremely proud of her and so excited to see what's next for her in her life would also be an understatement!



You can see all of the pictures from the festivities here.

No comments: