Friday, May 02, 2008

Further Proof that Today's Music Stinks

In my late night surfing tonight, I stumbled across the historical archive of the Billboard Top 100 Charts. Curious, I began to look at the top five songs from when I graduated high school compared to when my parents graduated. Here's a smattering.

The Top Five Songs When I Graduated Include: TLC - "No Scrubs"; Britney Spears - "...One More Time"; Cher - "Believe"

The Top Five Songs When My Mom Graduated High School Include
: The Beatles - "Hey Jude"; Otis Redding - "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay"; Rascals - "People Got to Be Free"

The Top Five Songs When My Dad Graduated High School Include
: Three Dog Night - "Joy to the World"; Rod Stewart - "Maggie May"

I think I'd much rather be associated with great bands and songs as opposed to horrific music from the likes of Britney and TLC, but who am I? You can access the whole list here, if you'd like. Feel free to post your graduation songs in the comments below!

No comments: