Thursday, August 21, 2008

Able Bodied Birthday

As facebook has informed most of you, today is my birthday. It's the big 27, and like every other day, it was a great one. Lots of emails, messages, and phone calls from friends and family, and most importantly, another blessed day in this crazy thing we call life.

I'm not usually one who gets terribly excited about presents, but this year I was particularly pumped about getting a couple of ITunes gift certificates. For those who have never used ITunes, it's basically a gift certificate from free legal music that plays on my computer and IPod. Even though my ITunes now eclipses 11,000 songs, I hate to pay for them out of pocket. So when I get gift certificates, I go crazy. I store up a wish list until I get one, and then I download a ton of songs. I'm seriously is like a kid in candy store. Well, that is until they don't have songs I want to download.

I really want to download "Able Bodied Man" by Charlie Pride. And some Bad Company. But, I quickly realize that these songs aren't available, and I'm probably one of maybe 10 people who care. I guess that is what happens when you are using a medium aimed at 20 year olds to access music that was produced 35 years ago. There's always YouTube:



The reason I share this is because there are always subtle hints in our lives that remind us that we're not as young as we used to be. Sometimes it is in the form of 49 facebook messages from friends, other times it's not being able to find songs you like in a worldwide library of 10 billion songs.

No comments: