Wednesday, August 01, 2007

New Hobby - Gardening

A small but dedicated group of us at work make use of the elaborate garden that Kettering so graciously provides us. Anyone can claim a plot (or more), but only a few of us do. My motivation for getting involved was purely pragmatic, as I figured I could save a few bucks by growing some food rather than paying grocery store prices. Like many fellow gardeners, I find myself relishing (pun intended) the experience more than the harvest. I think this is something I'll continue later in life.


Here is a copy of the report I filed for others at the foundation:

TO: Kettering Foundation Staff

FROM: The Gardening Group (Lara, Derek, Matt)

CC: Mother Earth

DATE: August 1, 2007

SUBJECT: Mid-Season Report

The Gardening Group has experienced a very successful first half of the season, and wishes to file a mid-season report. We have produced many cucumbers, peppers, greens, tomatoes, peas, beans, and basil. We “weathered” some attacks from squash bugs and things of the like, but managed to recover quickly.

While we are always happy to share our harvest, we are even happier to welcome new members into our group. We plan to plant our second harvest in a couple of weeks.

No comments: