Monday, August 13, 2007

Leadership Lineage

A couple of weeks ago, I attended Sigma Pi University, an international leadership conference for Sigma Pi brothers. 350 people were in attendance--the largest ever gathering at one of these events. I was asked to present on two things I know very little about: planning chapter retreats and crisis management. The presentations went pretty well, although I'm still surprised that students are interested in crisis management at 9:30 in the morning.

As with any conference, the informal gathering time was the best. I was able to reconnect with many brothers I met on the road during my time as a traveling leadership consultant. I was also able to connect with my chapter brothers from SVSU. Here is a picture of all 4 of us. Coincidentally, we are all past Sages (presidents) from our chapter.

You'll notice the haziness of the picture. It was probably 124 degrees that day, and I was in a shirt and tie. Needless to say, I nearly combusted after this photo was taken.

The trip also solidified my LOVE for Nashville. It is an amazing city, with great live music. I hope to live there (or a similar city) when all is said and done.

No comments: