Wednesday, June 06, 2007

One Man Without a Truck

Chaos theory teaches us that while life may seem to happen at random, it does in fact follow certain patterns. One "pattern" is described as a strange attractor - a boundary or indicator around which chaos ensues. Examples of strange attractors can be a number of things: entertainment, education, family, self-fulfillment. It hasn't been until recently that I've really realized one of my strange attractors: moving.

I moved 14 times in college. I was only there for 4 years. I moved twice in graduate school. I'm moving at the end of next month. I moved my fraternity's headquarters -- a move that hadn't happened in 60+ years and took 17 full-sized UHauls, of which I helped load 13. I help friends load UHauls. I helped my dad, a collector of antique furniture, move 4 times. There are countless other examples.

So what does all this mean? I've decided to create my own moving company. I'd like to introduce, "One Man Without a Truck." Largely borrowed from the famous "Two Men and a Truck" moving company, the name is very telling. One man. No truck. Being a marketing major, here is a brief sketch of my company.


The concept and the market

ONE MAN WITHOUT A TRUCK® is the first and only local moving franchise system in the United States. My franchise offers customers a comprehensive array of moving services — whether it's moving one appliance, an entire household, or a business.

I have grown to become one of the most widely-used moving companies in the nation because of my assumed strength and endurance, unquestioned availability, dedication to breaking my back, and moving prowess. ONE MAN WITHOUT A TRUCK® provides people with the comfort that comes with knowing you won't have to spend any money to have your belongings moved. I am committed to enhancing and further developing my system to meet changes in the business and to remain a trusted name in helping people move.

The mission...

"My commitment is to continuously strive to exceed my friends, family, and co-workers' expectations in value (free) and high standard of satisfaction."

ONE MAN WITHOUT A TRUCK® pledges to treat customers’ possessions as if they were my own — with care, respect, and as if they were purchased at a Thrift Store.

The market...

Beginning with my first move to SVSU in 1999, ONE MAN WITHOUT A TRUCK® developed a unique high-growth market niche — free moves! While other companies charge money to move, I don't! My back is strong enough for those extra-heavy one time lifts, but can also endure the duration of a lengthy move--say a weekend or so.

The company was founded in Montrose, Mich. in 1999. It wasn't until recently when it started gaining great momentum. In addition to my consistent, high quality, free service, my jokes, complaining, sarcasm, and always-timely comic relief are invaluable to the moving process.

For booking information, please leave a comment or send me an email. Otherwise, just wait until you know I'm going to be around, and spring it on me when you see me.

Yours in moving,





Matthew Johnson
President, CEO, Mover
One Man Without a Truck

No comments: