Monday, February 16, 2009

Not a Big Chart Person

Those who know me well know that I am fanatical about leadership, especially as it relates to leadership for social change. And, those who know me really well, know that I am visual/spacial unintelligent (See Howard Gardner's explanation of multiple intelligences to get a better idea of what I'm talking about if you are unfamiliar.)

So, when I come across something that looks to be pretty interesting when it comes to leadership, I always try to learn from it. This, however, sometimes becomes difficult when I have to use my spatial intelligence to understand it. I can usually glean some meaning from such charts, graphs, and diagrams, but sometimes I think it's just a lost cause.

Case in point:



I'm not sure where to even begin with this monstrosity. I think I'll just move on. Any sense you might make of it, let me know.