Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"Lacklester" Night

Tonight begins an important time of year for me. Tonight is the beginning of baseball playoffs, and of course, the Red Sox quest for the World Series. Tonight features Jon Lester vs. John Lackey in Game 1, so hence the "'Lacklester' Night" title. (Clever, huh?)

My excitement stems from not only watching good baseball, but for all that baseball means to me. It's this time of the year that I remember watching baseball with my mother (Hi Mom!) and my grandfather as far back as I can remember. It's the time of the year that I remember the rush of emotions that I felt when the Red Sox won the world series back in 2004.

For me, watching playoff baseball is the equivalent of others who say that there's nothing like curling up with a good book on a fall day. Although I like books, I'd rather curl up with a great pitching matchup on ESPN, even if the game does start at 10pm EST.

So if I seem a little dreary-eyed over the next couple of days, you'll know why.

Go Sox!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Red Sox!! I'll be rooting for you. Love you, Mom