Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Michigan Primary

Today marks the Michigan primary for the presidential election. As someone who claims residency in Michigan (still), I had to vote absentee a few weeks ago. I was very sad to learn that the Democratic primary was not a true primary, as only Hillary Clinton and Gravel were on the ballot. It was sad that Clinton decided to go against the party's wishes and leave her name on the ballot. I'm sure she isn't too saddened by the news, as her name will surely be mentioned numerous times during this primary. The Republican side should be much more interesting. I am writing this at 8:30 pm, and I'm betting that Mitt Romney wins. His shtick about invigorating the economy as someone who has added so many jobs to Massachusetts will likely sway many votes.

Speaking of voters in Michigan, the following people voted in today's Michigan election.



This is my father. His work does not give him the day off to vote until the November election, in hopes of keeping Michigan blue via the union vote. It's doubtful he made it to the polls today.



This is my mother. She is no doubt thrilled about this picture being on the Internet. She will probably be even more excited to learn that I am going to forward this picture to her co-workers.



And finally, this is Chance and Barbie (my brother and sister-in-law's dog). They aren't eligible to vote. (Well, at least not until 2051, when dogs enslave us all.)

No comments: