Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Will Be a Good Day

There are a number of reasons why today is going to be such a good day.

1. The Mitchell Report comes out today. For those that have more productive hobbies than following baseball mercilessly, this is a MLB commisioned report into steroid usage in baseball over the last 20 years or so. It's a 400 page report, and the biggest news is that it will name 80 players by name who have used steroids in the past. A lot of controversy surrounding the report, but pretty fascinating stuff. It will be one of the most important days in baseball history in the past decade. Expected time: 2 pm.

2. Office Christmas Party! Let the open bar, awkward conversations, expensive food that I can't pronounce, and schmoozing begin. It's at a fancy place downtown, and Erica will accompany me. I'm so lucky. Well, not that lucky. I have to wear a suit all day at work today. Expected time: 6 pm.

3. NFL game on Thursday night. Who cares if it's on NFL Network and only people with Direct TV can see the game? I can follow the stats online. That means it's fantasy football playoff season. I'm currently in the semi-final game in my fraternity alumni league, which I dominate. It's a great source of second income. Expected time: 8 pm.

4. Thursday is apparently the day of the dove. Can't argue with that. It's on a T-Shirt.



5. Free lunch at work. This happens roughly 4 times a month, but the importance can't be underscored enough. I don't have to pay for food, and it will be entirely prepared for me. And it's fantastic. We have in-house caterers here at the foundation, each of whom are very excellent. Expected Time: 1 pm

There are probably many more, but this looks like it for now. Hope your Thursday (or whatever day you're reading this on) is equally stirring.

No comments: