Friday, April 18, 2008

Arena Football

I'm an unapologetic sports fan. I love baseball and football and fantasy sports. However, I've never been very fond of the Arena Football League, but when given the chance to attend a game for free, I went. I met one of my chapter brothers (who we affectionately refer to as "Milhouse") in Columbus who happened to be there on business. We were met by a Sigma Pi from Grand Valley State who worked there (he gave us the tickets). He gave us official game balls and hats, which was awesome. The game was actually pretty good; it was worthwhile entertainment. It was more fun to reconnect with a chapter brother and meet another brother from a different chapter.

The older I get, the more I revel in the chances to get together to talk about the glory days. Depressing, I know. What I do not look forward to is staying out to 3 am, and sleeping on a futon in a fraternity house. Those days I can live without :)

Anyhow, here are a couple of pictures.



1 comment:

Kevin Gibson said...

Mj, just so you know, I have a shirt hanging in my office for the intramural arena flag football championship here at GW. I played in 2 games with a bunch of students I work with and came out with lots of bruised knees and good memories. Basically, it's flag football on a basketball court. You've seen my play sports...let's just say my gracefulness didn't keep me on my feet the whole time.

All that counted was the huge defensive stand we had at the end of the game where linebacker KG batted down the would-be game winning TD pass. WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!

All this to say, I'm a big fan of arena football.