Monday, March 24, 2008

My Visit to Maryland



I've had these pictures for some time, but just never posted them. I visited the University of Maryland a couple of weeks ago. (I have since accepted their offer of admission.)

The campus itself was beautiful and quite desolate. Except for these fine young men who were staging some sort of play fight scenario. They were quite elaborate in their outfits and plans, and I couldn't discern what they were doing, so I decided to capture the moment on my camera for future analysis.



And this here is Testudo, the iconic turtle who is surrounded by mythology. I don't pretend to know it all -- I just know that you're supposed to rub his head for good luck. His head is worn down from all the attention he receives. I have a feeling I'm going to make a habit out of rubbing his head over the next few years.



One of the many highlights of my visit was being able to reconnect with my good friends Kevin and Kristin. I went to graduate school with Kevin, and hadn't seen him since he left last summer. I stayed with them both nights, and even though I was exhausted when I saw them at night, it was awesome to see the both of them. They'll be getting married this summer, but they already have a small child pictured below.



Erica and I are excited to move to Maryland; it looks like the move will take place the first or second week of July!

No comments: