Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Job/Engagement

Well, for those of you who don't know, I have made plans to wed a one Ms. Erica Bischer on June 30, 2007. She's pretty fantastic, so I figured it was time! The next year should be an exciting roller coaster ride to say the least. (note: romanticism isn't my strong suit).

I've taken a hiatus from the ol' blog here, but will do so no longer. This helps me process a lot of information. For instance, Erica and I met with the priest in Oxford last night to continue our marriage prep work. He is a great guy, and a graduate of the College Student Personnel program at Miami. We took a test similar to Meyers-Briggs, which focuses on relationship issues. Although we won't get the official scoring back for another month, I am certain that I kicked her butt. Erica had to attend confession shortly after completing the test to repent of her sins of cheating and looking at my paper for the answers.

In other news, I started work at the Kettering Foundation a few weeks ago. I love it here. It's very interesting work, and should be a great two year stay. Soon it will be on for a Ph.D., and who knows what excitement that may bring. For now, my mind is open and bent toward learning more about democracy and civic engagement.

No comments: