Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The beginning of findings and thoughts...

So I just had a grand idea - as a lot of my life revolves around the piecemeal of random thoughts that sometimes teeter on the edge of being intelligent only to be lost by further thought, I decided that I will keep track of these thoughts here - for all of you to see. This will also serve as a personal means of accessing these thoughts. Furthermore, much of my current job is to read and scan oodles of publications, magazines, and books. I will be able to keep a lot of the information here in a coherent (let's hope) fashion.

  • The Chronicle reported that a recent study by Nature showed that Wikipedia entries are about as accurate as entries in Encylopedia Britannica. I suspect this comes as a striking blow to those who believe that such information should only be produced by people who hold advanced specialized degrees. Might some be worried that someone with little or no formal advanced education have more to say?
  • About half of the students currently enrolled in higher education are at community colleges. I think that is fascinating. It makes me wonder how well I (among others with a background from student affairs prepatory programs) are equipped to work with these students. What other implications does this have?

No comments: