Friday, May 18, 2007

May Showers Bring Many Presents

Even though it's been unseasonably warm here in southwest Ohio the last few weeks, it's shower season in the lives of Matt and Erica.

The Kettering Foundation, a place known for celebrations, recently threw Erica and I a wedding shower and sent us home with many well-wishes and gifts. Here are some photos from the event:

We were the gracious recipients of a mixer, two margarita sets (for Erica, of course. . . j/k), a yogurt/ice cream/sorbet maker, bakeware, and waffle maker. Jokes were a plenty at the event, as is usually the case whenever I get put on the spot.

They say that you have to love your family because you don't get to choose them, and I agree. In many regards, the same applies to co-workers. You don't really get to choose them, either. We are so fortunate to be blessed with so many wonderful people in our lives, including the great people at the Foundation. Even if I could choose them, I wouldn't change anything about them. Well, maybe that weird guy in accounting. But that's neither here nor there. Just kidding.

Two more showers this weekend. My family's side and her family's side. Stay tuned for updates!














1 comment:

Julie said...

FUN!! With gifts like that, it makes me ponder getting married more often! ;) I'll be expecting a margarita next time we visit. If you come down to NC, we'll get the choco fountain flowing. :)