Friday, February 16, 2007

Now You See Me, Now You Don't

This post is a car update for all my adoring fans:

After the fifth repair on my beloved Aztek, I now have a new problem. My odometer works only when the lights are on. This means that when I drive to work in the morning, my car doesn't record the mileage. When I drive home from the gym at night, it's dark outside, and my lights come on, thus making my mileage work. It's a thing of beauty.

I like to think of myself as being in "stealth mode" as I drive into work in the morning since my car isn't really recording the miles I'm driving. I've really gotten into it. I take on a stealthy, secretive persona as a commuter. I set my phone to silent mode, listen to Morse code on the AM radio, wear my aviator sunglasses, and avoid eye contact with fellow drivers. I'm currently thinking of a code name that I could call myself during this special time in my day.

Car goes back to the shop for the 6th time on Monday. I can only enjoy being in stealth mode for a couple more days.

So, this is the Coy Commuter signing off....

No comments: