Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In the Beginning

Well, I must admit that I'm happy that you've stumbled upon this. My best guess is that I created this blog not because I jumped on the bandwagon (hey, I do self-author afterall), but because I feel that I have a lot of ideas that run through my mind, and I don't take the time to write them all down or to pursue them any further than initial thoughts. So, I am hoping that this will be the first of many insightful entries- or at worst entertaining.

So, I recently learned that my wonderful girlfriend, Erica, is going to be coming to Miami University for the College Student Personnel program. I'm so excited for her! She's pretty fantastic, and I know she has great things ahead of her. I've made the commitment to stay around here while she is in school. It's sort of a weird feeling- On one hand, there are a lot of cool jobs elsewhere that I would love to do, but on the other, there is one exceptionally cool woman in Oxford. The choice was clear for me when I quickly realized that Erica makes me happier and more fulfilled than any job ever could. So, here I am :)

I just returned home from the 12 day tour of NASPA and ACPA (both higher ed conferences). It was a great journey, one in which I learned more about myself than anything that the curriculum could have ever provided. It was another reminder that I am constantly surrounded by great people at Miami University.

I'd love to hear from anyone who might stumble across this. I suspect that future blog entries will take a slightly less "personal journal" tone and a greater tone of thoughts/concepts about things. If that brief commercial doesn't bring you back, I don't know what will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"exceptionally cool woman, that makes you happier and more fulfilled" -- if you never write another word you have presented your heart for the world to see.

I'm so happy for you, Mom